Polk County Unexpected emergency Management recommends absolutely everyone shelter in-area in the course of a disaster if doable. For all those unable to continue being in put, these as these in cellular properties, the remaining selections need to be considered in buy of choice:
- Evacuate to a friend of relative’s residence, as it’s significantly less traumatic for anyone to be sheltered with familiar folks.
- Evacuate the Region – go away at least two to a few days in advance of the storm is expected to strike.
- Evacuate to a resort or motel – make arrangements early, as rooms will fill swiftly.
- Evacuate to a public shelter.
Community SHELTER Policies
Not all shelters are routinely activated for just about every unexpected emergency. Shelters are opened as they are desired. The county asks that residents do not present up at a shelter before confirming that it is open. For shelter information, observe local media or simply call the Citizens Info Line at 863-401-2234.
No pets are authorized except at selected pet-friendly sites.(See under)
No weapons or alcoholic drinks are allowed in general public shelters.
For a lot more facts, visit polk-county.net/hurricane-preparedness.
This is a listing of Polk County major shelters, as properly as shelters set up for unique demands and pet-pleasant shelters.
- Auburndale High University, 1 Bloodhound Path
- Jere L. Stambaugh Middle College, 226 N. Main St.
- Walter Caldwell Elementary College, 141 Dairy Street
- Bartow Superior Faculty, 1270 S Broadway Ave.
- Stephens Elementary University, 1350 N Maple Ave.
- Spessard L. Holland Elementary, 2342 EF Griffin Highway
- Citrus Ridge Academy, 1775 Sand Mine Street
- Davenport Faculty of the Arts, 4751 County Road 547
- Horizons Elementary College, 1700 Forest Lake Push
- Loughman Oaks Elementary College, 4600 U.S. 17
- Ridgeview Global Scientific tests Academy, 1000 Dunson Road
- Pinewood Elementary Faculty, 1400 Gilbert St.
- Alta Vista Elementary School, 801 Scenic Freeway
- Sandhill Elementary School, 1801 Tyner Street
- Shelley S. Boone Middle University, 225 S. 22nd St.
- Combee Elementary University, 2805 Morgan Combee Highway
- George Jenkins Substantial School, 6000 Lakeland Highlands Highway
- Highlands Grove Elementary College, 4510 Lakeland Highlands Road
- Kathleen Elementary Faculty, 3515 Sherertz Road
- Kathleen Superior College, 1100 Purple Devil Way
- Lake Gibson Significant Faculty, 7007 N. Socrum Loop Highway
- Lakeland Highlands Center University, 740 Lake Miriam Drive
- Philip O’Brien Elementary College, 1225 E. Lime St.
- Lincoln Avenue Academy, 1330 N. Lincoln Ave.
- Dr. N. E. Roberts Elementary, 6600 Green Road
- Rochelle University of the Arts, 1501 Martin L King Jr. Ave.
- Scott Lake Elementary School, 1140 County Road 540A
- Sleepy Hill Elementary University, 2285 Sleepy Hill Rd, Lakeland, FL 33810
- Southwest Elementary College, 2650 Southwest Ave.
- R. Bruce Wagner Elementary University, 5500 Yates Road
- Karen M. Siegel Academy, 935 Evenhouse Road
- Spook Hill Elementary University, 321 Dr J.A. Wiltshire Ave.
- Mulberry Center College, 500 S.E. Dr. M.L.K. Jr Ave.
- Purcell Elementary University, 305 N.E. 1st Ave.
- Donald Bronson Local community Middle, 124 Bronson Trail
- Lake Marion Creek Center Faculty, 3055 Lake Marion Creek Street
- Laurel Elementary Faculty, 1851 Laurel Ave.
- Palmetto Elementary Faculty, 315 Palmetto St.
- Chain of Lakes Elementary Faculty, 7001 State Street 653
- Jewett School of the Arts, 2250 8th St. N.E.
- Winter Haven Superior School, 600 6th St. SE
Special Requirements SHELTERS
- Florida Office of Wellness-Polk Specialty Treatment Unit, 1255 Brice Blvd., Bartow
- Ridge Neighborhood Significant College, 500 Orchid Travel, Davenport
- McKeel Academy of Technology, 1810 W. Parker St., Lakeland
The Polk County Specific Desires Method is designed to supply sheltering for people with health care or bodily circumstances or these who are dependent on health care electrical
machines or need assistance during an emergency.
The application also provides transportation to community shelters and pet-helpful shelters for
those unable to evacuate on their own. Pre-registration in the application, for medical requires or for transportation only, is favored. Phone 863-298-7027.
PET Pleasant SHELTERS
- Lake Location Significant School, 1995 Thunder Highway (pet welcoming shelter)
- Haines Metropolis Superior School, 2800 Hornet Drive (pet friendly shelter)
- Tenoroc Higher School, 4905 Saddle Creek Highway (pet helpful shelter)
Because of to room limits, pet-friendly shelters will only provide shelter only for dogs, cats, birds and their entrepreneurs. Supplemental shelter requirements include entire shot records for every pet an airline-accredited carrying circumstance, in which just about every animal brought to the shelter will remain for the duration of their keep food stuff for the pet for at least 7 times and an agreement, signed by the pet operator on registration, that confirms that the pet will be accompanied by an operator all over the period of the sheltering.